Orange Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry is a simple 1 pan dish that is easily made in 20 minutes! Simple and healthy ingredients, but full of flavor.
Both of my kids are big fans of Asian Food, I think part of it involves the amount of rice they love to consume with it, but nonetheless it is always greeted with enthusiasm. I love 1 pan dishes that are simple and healthy for busy weeknights. This is just another easy one that came together one night with ingredients I already had on hand.
To begin, I heated up my pan with coconut oil and added some chopped onion and ginger. While that was sautéing, I whipped together the simple sauce, and prepared my chicken and broccoli:
I chop up the chicken to bite size pieces (this also helps it to cook really fast), and chop the broccoli the same. After about 5 minutes of the onion, garlic, and ginger mixture, I threw in the chicken and broccoli together. I don’t like to cook things separately when I want dinner to be done FAST. As soon as I there in the chicken, I also made a side of rice. The chicken and broccoli were done in less than 10 minutes, I tossed in the sauce:
I let it simmer for another 3 minutes or so while the rice was finishing up. Done! Super easy, right?
Orange Chicken and Broccoli Skillet
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 large head of broccoli
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp of orange zest
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos for Paleo
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds optional
- Heat up a large skillet or wok to medium high heat and add coconut oil, garlic, onion, and minced ginger. Lower to medium heat. While the mixture is cooking, chop up chicken and broccoli.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes or until onions are clear, add chicken and broccoli.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and broccoli becomes crisp. While cooking, whisk together orange juice, zest, sesame oil, soy sauce (or coconut aminos), honey, sriracha, and red pepper flakes in a separate bowl.
- Pour over chicken and broccoli. Cook for another 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Serve hot and garnish with sesame seeds.