Let’s make this delicious and nutritious Coconut Lime Cauliflower Rice! You’ll love the way this dish pairs with so many dinner options. It’s so simple to make in the oven with one pan and less than 30 minutes! Paleo, Vegan, Whole30 and Keto.
Another day, another cauliflower rice recipe. You guys can’t get enough. And I must say, I love to experiment with cauliflower rice flavors to keep things interesting!
Cauliflower rice is a side dish that is always on repeat at my house. As a nutritionist, I know it’s the perfect alternative to rice as a nutrient dense food loaded with fiber! It’s my favorite way to enjoy tacos, or as a base to a delicious chicken curry dinner. And while I love my Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh, and Cauliflower Spanish Rice, I was craving something tropical.
This Coconut Lime Cauliflower Rice is going to be everything you want to enjoy with any Asian dish! We toast the cauliflower rice and shredded coconut in the oven to get that toasty and bold flavor! The squeeze of lime seals it altogether.
Ingredients For Coconut Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Head of cauliflower (or cauliflower rice)
- Shredded Coconut
- Coconut oil
- Sea Salt
- Lime juice
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Chop the cauliflower into florets. Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles a “rice” like texture.
- Spread out the cauliflower rice and coconut on a sheet pan. Toss with melted coconut oil and sea salt.
- Roast the cauliflower for 20-22 minutes until lightly browned.
- Squeeze lime juice over the rice and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve hot with optional cilantro!
Serving and Storing:
Here are a few of my favorite dishes that you can pair with this Coconut Lime Cauliflower Rice.
- Sheet Pan Cashew Shrimp
- Instant Pot Coconut Lime Chicken
- Sheet Pan Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
- One Pan Chicken Satay Meatballs
Store in the fridge for up to 7 days and reheat in the microwave or in the oven. Perfect for meal prep!
Coconut Lime Cauliflower Rice
Roasted Coconut Lime Cauliflower Rice makes the perfect side dish! So simple to roast in the oven in less than 30 minutes. Pairs well with so many dishes! Paleo, Vegan, Keto, and Whole30.
- 1 large head of cauliflower*
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
Cut the cauliflower into florets. Add to a food processor in batches, and pulse briefly until a rice like texture forms. Do not over pulse!
Spread out the cauliflower rice over the sheet pan and add in the shredded coconut. Toss with melted coconut oil, and sea salt. Transfer to the oven.
Roast for 20-22 minutes, or until lightly golden. Toss with lime juice and zest, and salt to taste. Serve hot!
*You can also use 16 oz pre-riced cauliflower