For those days where turning on the oven is not an option, but you still want the sweet and satisfying taste of chocolate chip cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles will do the trick! These delectable bites are everything you want in a dessert: deliciously tasty, easy to make, minimal ingredients, and sure to please a crowd. They come together with less than 20 minutes of prep time. Vegan and Paleo too!
It’s time for another healthy and light dessert! Here at the Wholesomelicious headquarters (AKA my kitchen), chocolate is a regular occurrence. It’s my favorite dessert! BUT….. as a nutritionist, I also like to lighten up my desserts with minimal ingredients. I am all about delicious, super easy, and a refined sugar free treat.
Reasons you will love these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- Fact #1: These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles might* have disappeared in my house faster than any other dessert I made all summer.
- Fact #2: They were shared with family members and friends who had ZERO clue they were a Paleo and Vegan treat, and were met with enthusiastic “OMG, these are sooooo good” type comments. Can’t beat that!
- Fact #3: These are easy enough to make by both a 10 year old and an 8 year old without supervision.
Are you convinced yet, that these glorious need to be made ASAP?!?!
How to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles:
As mentioned above, these come together so easily with just a handful of ingredients! Here is what you need:
- Cashew butter
- Almond flour
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Sea Salt
- Chocolate Chips
- Coconut oil
This recipe comes together so easily with just a few simple steps!
- In a large bowl, mix together the cashew butter, almond flour, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt with a wooden spoon or electric mixer.
- Fold in 1/2 of the chocolate chips and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Melt together the chocolate and coconut oil. Roll the dough into 1.5 inch balls and using a fork, coat each cookie dough ball in the chocolate. Place on parchment paper and refrigerate or freeze until hardened.
Store these truffles in the fridge. They taste better chilled and will get too soft if left at room temperature. You can also freeze and use an air tight container. They only need to sit out for about 10 minutes before enjoying!
Other Chocolate treats you will love!
- Dark Chocolate Covered Almond Stuffed Dates
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- No-Bake Mocha Mousse Brownies
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles require only 20 minutes to make! You'll love these no-bake treats with minimal ingredients. Paleo and Vegan!
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1 cup almond flour blanched
- 3 tbsp real maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips* divided
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
In a medium sized bowl, using a large wooden spoon or even a hand mixer, mix together cashew butter, almond flour, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt.
Once batter is well incorporated, stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
In a microwave or using the stovetop, melt the remaining chocolate chips and the coconut oil. If using the microwave, do 30 second intervals, and stir after each interval so the chocolate is smooth and doesn’t burn.
Roll the cookie dough in 1.5 inch balls, and place on parchment paper covering a cookie sheet. Dip each ball in the bowl of melted chocolate using a fork or a toothpick. Place back on the parchment paper.
Place the truffles in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened, and the truffles are firm to touch. This can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Store in the refrigerator.
*I use Paleo friendly chocolate chips, Enjoy Life. You can also use unsweetened chocolate chunks or chips.