Avocado Pesto with roasted tomatoes and sausage, all tossed with zucchini noodles for a quick and simple weeknight dinner. A one pan meal the whole family will love!
Noodle bowls are met with great enthusiasm in my house. Especially with the addition of pesto!! I’ve been working on 1 pan meals in preparation for the fall and the grind of the school year with our busy schedule. Ones that my kids will enjoy, the husband will dance about because he loves himself a delicious dinner, and must be super simple.
Did I mention it must taste delicious? Oh and not give me an upset stomach. This is when I tell you that cheese and pasta aren’t making me feel too good in the belly these days. But zucchini noodles are a fantastic substitute:
These noodles are smothered in my new favorite pesto variation: with avocado instead of parmesan cheese. Pesto is a favorite around our house, and when I swapped out our old pesto with the avocado pesto, no one noticed.
Not for one bite.
Instead the entire bowl was gobbled up and loved by all. Such a big hit that my kids were thrilled to have leftovers for lunch the following day.
So about the one pan part…….I threw the tomatoes and sausage together into the oven and roasted for just over twenty minutes. While they roasted together, I whipped up the avocado pesto and spiraled the noodles.
Feel free to use real noodles for your kids if that makes them more likely to enjoy the dish. I usually do a half and half bowl for them with a little zucchini noodles mixed in with regular pasta.
I’m sure you’ll enjoy it just like we did!
Paleo Sausage, Pesto, and Roasted Tomato Noodle Bowls
- 5 large turkey sausages
- 1 lb cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large zucchinis
- 1.5 cups loose basil leaves
- 1 avocado
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, spread out your sausage and tomatoes. Lightly brush your tomatoes with olive oil. Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until sausage is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, make your pesto. Place avocado, basil, garlic, lemon, pumpkin seeds, sea salt, and olive oil in a food processor or blender. While blending, slowly add water. Continue to blend until smooth.
- Spiralize zucchini (if using).
- Toss, noodles with pesto, sausage, and roasted tomatoes. Top with extra salt and pepper to taste.