Peach cobbler flavored summer muffins without any grains, refined sugar, or processed ingredients. These little muffins pack powerful flavor without compromising nutrition. Move over Starbucks and your giant muffins with 1000+ calories!
I’ve been a baker for many years, and I’ll admit, I was a bit skeptical on making a Gluten-Free and Paleo muffin that would actually be delicious. You know, one that doesn’t taste like sawdust? I wanted to give it a whirl for many reasons. We do not follow a Paleo or Gluten-Free diet, but I do like to make baked treats that my family can enjoy daily. I love baking breakfast treats to minimize sugar consumption in my little carbivores, and I was absolutely THRILLED that they loved these! The hunky husband was a fan, and not one comment about the difference in taste. The almond flour and coconut flour provide a buttery and nutty taste that is so yummy, and the peaches & cinnamon combination make it a perfect summer treat! I hope I can convince anyone, Paleo/Gluten-Free dieter or not, to bake these!!
Summertime is a perfect time to grab some juicy ripe peaches from your local Farmer’s Market or grocery store. To start this recipe, I had chopped up 2 ripe peaches until I had a total of 1 cup. To give them the peach cobbler taste, I coated the peaches with cinnamon:
After setting the peaches aside, I whisked together the dry ingredients, and separately beat together the wet ingredients. I combined them together, and threw in the fresh peaches:
The batter here looks lumpy as it should. Almond flour and coconut flour create a nutty batter. After filling a muffin tin and baking for a little less than 20 minutes, you’ll have these perfect little muffins ready to eat. I love to do at least one baked good a week for breakfast. I freeze leftovers and use them for another breakfast later in the week. This one freezes well and can be eaten on a day where you have very little time to prepare breakfast.
Peach Cobbler Muffins- Paleo and Gluten-Free
- 1 cup chopped ripe peaches
- 2 tbsp cinnamon divided
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a 12 cup muffin tin with coconut oil (muffin papers can also be used but are not necessary).
- To prepare your peaches, keep the skin on and chop into small squares about 1/2 inch diameter. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp cinnamon, and coat the peaches. Set aside.
- Combine both flours, salt, remaining cinnamon, and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat together coconut oil, vanilla extract, syrup, coconut milk, and eggs.
- Gradually mix in dry ingredients, and continue to beat until well combined (batter will be lumpy).
- Fold in peaches.
- Pour batter into muffin tins, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
This recipe was adapted from Bravo For Paleo's Blueberry Muffin recipe.