Super EASY Peppermint Mocha Fudge that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth during the Holidays! You and your guests will never guess this recipe is dairy-free, Vegan, and Paleo.
My mouth wants all the chocolate. It happens often, but this whole holiday thing really gets me in the chocolate mood. And with the holidays around the corner, I have been dreaming up so many ways to combine my favorite flavors without getting crazy on a sugar high. Coffee, peppermint, and chocolate are just a few of my favorite things in the winter. Funny that I only crave peppermint during this time of year. The coffee thing is weird too, considering I don’t even drink coffee. But I love me some coffee flavored desserts!!
You know what else makes me happy? Fudge makes me happy. So does guilt-free fudge, the kind that doesn’t hurt my stomach after eating a small slice, or is so ridiculously sweet that I can’t even have more than one bite. So if this speaks to you and you’re anything like me in the dessert department, I introduce to you: YOUR NEW FAVORITE CHRISTMAS FUDGE!! With all the right flavors, I can assure you this will be a batch of fudge you will want to make over and over again.
How to make Peppermint Mocha Fudge
This is seriously one of the easiest recipes EVER! We start by gathering up our ingredients:
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips (I love EnjoyLife brand)
- Full Fat Canned Coconut Milk
- Real Maple Syrup
- Peppermint extract or Peppermint Essential Oil
- Instant Coffee granules
Next we melt all ingredients together over a double boiler or in a saucepan (I promise you either one works fine) over medium heat. While you’re stirring and the mixture is melting, prepare your pan. Use an 8×8, or double the recipe and use a 9×13 pan to make more fudge. Create a sling using parchment paper, so that part of the parchment paper can hang over the sides for easy removal.
Pour the mixture in the prepared pan.
Smooth it out and sprinkle some sea salt over the chocolate. Now the hardest part. Waiting!! Let the pan chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Then remove to slice it up
I also sprinkled some crushed candy canes for a little festive flair. Totally optional, but I love the look!!
Cookie exchange anyone? This is a total, last minute, easy recipe that is only a few ingredients. No special tools and techniques, just melting of the chocolate and stirring. Oh and slicing it up. So get on it, make this for your favorite people, serve it to the neighborhood, coworkers, or whoever wants fudge in their life. And in case you are wondering, you can also cut the instant coffee to serve to kids. We certainly don’t want them buzzing around!
Enjoy my friends!
P.S. If you are looking for more of this ridiculously tasty flavor combo of Chocolate and peppermint, you’ll love the following:
Peppermint Mocha Fudge (Vegan, Paleo)
- 2.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips use this brand for Paleo, Vegan
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 4 drops peppermint oil or 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1-4 tbsp maple syrup*
- 1 tsp sea salt + more for tasting
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper, or a 9x5 inch bread pan with parchment paper. Let the parchment paper go over the sides to create a sling. Lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- Melt chocolate chips, coconut milk, instant coffee, syrup, and peppermint extract over medium low heat in a small sauce pan. This will take anywhere from 7-12 minutes. Taste to see if more maple syrup is needed for your level of sweetness. I only used 1 tbsp. Start with 1 and add in additional syrup to taste. Finally, add in tsp salt.
- Gently pour melted chocolate into your pan. Top with more sea salt.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours, or until firm. Remove from pan and slice into small squares.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
*Adjust the maple syrup tp your taste. I used only 1 tbsp