This simple Pineapple Green Smoothie is creamy, tropical, and down right delicious! Just a handful of simple ingredients and a blender is all you need. So healthy and refreshing!
If you are anything like me, whenever summer rolls around, you crave all the fruity tropical things. On a hot day, sometimes a cold nutritious breakfast or afternoon snack is exactly what I want to fill me up!
As a nutritionist, I am always ensuring my family gets adequate nutrient dense foods. A smoothie is one of our “go-tos”. Green smoothies are loaded with a few servings of fruits and vegetables, antioxidants, fiber, healthy fats, and protein! Not only are they nutritious, but absolutely delicious too.
While I have plenty of options of healthy breakfasts, a creamy green smoothie is hard to beat. This summer variation with pineapple, coconut milk, fresh mint, lime, and avocado is one that has been on repeat with the entire family!
Health Benefits of a Green Smoothie:
- As mentioned above, loaded with healthy fats, antioxidants, fiber and protein!
- Makes you feel full longer: perfect for a breakfast or afternoon snack
- Loaded with vitamin C (limes, pineapple) for Immune support!
- Fresh herbs (like mint in this smoothie) pack a nutrient punch with iron and other micronutrients
Ingredients to make a Pineapple Green Smoothie:
- Pineapple: fresh or frozen!
- Banana: loaded with potassium and just the right amount of sweetness!
- Coconut milk: or your favorite dairy-free nut milk
- Avocado: gives us a creamy texture and loaded with fiber and healthy fats
- Hemp seeds: This fun addition is loaded with protein, fiber, and other vitamins and minerals
- Fresh mint: a fun way to add a bit of a fresh tropical taste!
- Spinach (optional): for more greens!
All we need to do to make this simple smoothie is toss your ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy!
Make ahead tips:
Did you know there are a few easy shortcuts to make smoothies in advance for meal prep?
- Blend your smoothie as directed, and pour into an ice tray. Freeze and store the cubes in a freezer friendly container. Add a splash of dairy-free milk and blend up when ready to enjoy!
- Pre-portion your banana, avocado, and pineapple and store in a freezer friendly container. Dump into your blender with milk, greens, lime juice, and hemp seeds when ready to enjoy.
Pineapple Green Smoothie
Just a handful of ingredients and a blender is all you need to make this healthy and delicious Pineapple Green Smoothie!
- 1.5 cups Diced pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 1 medium Banana
- 1 medium Avocado
- 1.5 cups Coconut milk (or dairy-free milk of choice)
- 3 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup loosely chopped mint
- 3 tbsp Hemp seeds*
- 1 cup loose spinach leaves (optional)
In a high powered blender, place the ingredients in this order: pineapple, banana, avocado, coconut milk, lime juice, mint, hemp seeds, and spinach leaves (if using).
Blend until smooth and creamy! May take a few minutes to get the right texture.