This protein-packed Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie is all the taste of your favorite coffee drink in a blended smoothie and uses only wholesome ingredients! Dairy-free, nutritious, and packed with protein and fiber. This smoothie is so easy and takes less than 5 minutes to make in your blender.
Move over Starbucks. Your morning or afternoon is about to get tastier! All in the form of a Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie. This version is much healthier than your average Starbucks drink with 2/3 less sugar than your favorite drink. We’ve also packed in the protein using hemp seeds and collagen powder!
As a nutritionist, I love a hearty smoothie that packs in nutrients. I always want to make sure I get a good dose of fiber, protein, and healthy fats into every meal. A smoothie is a perfect way to do this! This ensures that you feel full for a longer period of time, and also helps to maintain balanced blood sugar. I talk all about this in my Hormone Balancing Smoothie recipes. Every ingredient in this smoothie is thoughtful to help balance taste and nutrition. So what’s in it?
Ingredients for this Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Here is what you need to make this Protein-packed Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie:
- Unsweetened dairy-free milk: I prefer flax milk or homemade cashew milk, but use your own personal favorite
- Canned pumpkin: We definitely want to use this fall squash for some added antioxidants and fiber. You can also use fresh pureed pumpkin!
- Banana: I love the addition of banana for a little sweetness and creaminess, but you can always omit.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: you definitely need a little punch of spices for some more antioxidant protection, but also for that fall flavor we all love.
- Espresso: I use one shot of espresso in this recipe for a taste, and also just a little dose of caffeine. You can also omit or use instant coffee!
- Maple syrup: The coziness of a fall drink deserves a little hint of hearty maple syrup for a dash of sweetness.
- Hemp seeds: I love the addition of hemp seeds for a boost of both protein and healthy fats. You can replace with chia seeds which will give this smoothie more fiber, but less protein.
- Unflavored collagen powder: Collagen is the perfect protein powder here so that it doesn’t alter the taste of the smoothie!
All you do is place all ingredients into your blender along with some ice cubes. Blend until smooth!
Other uses for canned pumpkin:
I’m sure you have plenty of reasons to open up a can of pumpkin. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars, Grain-Free Pumpkin Snickerdoodles, Pumpkin Coffee Creamer or Smoked Pumpkin Vinaigrette are 4 other ways to use up some canned pumpkin!
Protein Packed Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie
This Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie is loaded with protein and other nutrients like fiber, healthy fats, and antioxidants. Healthy and just like your favorite fall coffee drink! Easy to make in less than 5 minutes.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or your favorite dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup ice
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 banana
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 shot espresso or 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds optional
- 4 tbsp collagen protein powder
Mix all ingredients in a high powered blender until smooth. Serve immediately!
Garnish with a pinch of cinnamon if desired.