Easy brussel sprout recipe drizzled with just the right amount of sweetness, garlic, and drizzle of balsamic! A simple side dish that compliments any meal.
I have challenged most of my clients this week that with the fresh new year, we need to think outside our “vegetable box” and try different vegetables that aren’t the same ones we eat every day. Brussel sprouts keep coming up; most of them are kind of “meh” when it comes to eating brussel sprouts. I think they still have this idea that grandma boiled these horrific smelling green balls and forced them to clear their plates. Ummmm, not quite.
It’s 2016! We’ve come along way in the vegetable cooking department. Honestly, roasted brussel sprouts can be a part of my life every single day and I would never complain. My goal this week was creating a super simple brussel sprout recipe that would knock the socks off of my clients!! So here it goes…….
Halved brussel sprouts are drizzled with a bit of olive oil and sea salt and roasted for 15 minutes:
While they are cooking, prepare the quick glaze. Heat up coconut oil, garlic, honey and balsamic in a small sauce pan. Remove brussel sprouts from the oven, and flip them back over. Drizzle with the glaze:
Place back inside the oven for another 15-18 minutes. The high heat will caramelize the honey balsamic sauce just a bit. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt. Lick your plate clean!!
Roasted Honey Garlic Balsamic Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and dry brussel sprouts, and split each sprout in half. Place brussel sprouts flat side down on the parchment paper. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Place inside the oven.
- While brussel sprouts are roasting, make the glaze. In a small saucepan, heat up coconut oil over medium high heat. Saute garlic for 1-2 mins, add honey and balsamic. Whisk to combine.
- Roast brussel sprouts 15-18 minutes until the tops are browned. Remove from oven, flip brussel sprouts over. Drizzle each sprout with sauce, and move back to the oven. Roast another 15-18 minutes, until the tops are caramelized.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with sea salt and serve hot.