These brussels sprouts are roasted with garlic until they’re crispy and tender, and then glazed with a mouthwatering honey and balsamic dressing. This simple vegetable side dish is quick to come together and complements any meal!
Your new favorite way to eat Brussels sprouts!
Roasted Brussels sprouts with a honey garlic balsamic sauce are here for all of those who ever doubted these delicious cruciferous vegetables. These are absolute perfection!
I have challenged most of my clients this week that with the fresh new year, we need to think outside our “vegetable box” and try different vegetables that aren’t the same ones we eat every day. As a nutritionist, I know the importance of mixing up our nutrients and trying new foods! I am always finding ways to add more healthy vegetable side dishes into our dinners, and this brussels sprouts recipe is no exception.
Many people are still on the fence about how they feel about brussels sprouts. I think they still have this idea that grandma boiled these horrific smelling green balls and forced them to clear their plates. Ummmm, not quite.
We’ve come along way in the vegetable cooking department! Honestly, roasted brussels sprouts can be a part of my life every single day and I would never complain. My goal this week was creating a super simple Brussels sprouts recipe that would knock the socks off of my clients!! So here it goes…….
How to make Honey Garlic Glazed Roasted Brussels Sprouts:
Let’s gather up our easy ingredients:
- Brussels Sprouts
- Avocado oil
- Sea salt
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Honey (or coconut sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Trim the stems off of the Brussels, and chop in half. For larger brussels, you may need to chop in quarters.
- In a small bowl, add the avocado oil and minced garlic. Evenly coat the Brussels with the oil/garlic. Spread out onto a baking sheet, flat side down.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 15 minutes. While the brussels are roasting whisk together the honey and balsamic vinegar.
- At the 15 minute mark, remove from oven. Toss the Brussels and spread the balsamic/honey mixture on top. Return back to the oven
- Roast for another 10 minutes, or until crispy and browned.
Tips and Tricks:
- I like to spread out the brussels on the perimeter of the baking sheet. This helps to give roast them better with air flow in the oven by leaving the center open (prevents more steaming and creates crispier brussels)
- When you chop the brussels, some of the outer leaves may fall off. Include them in the mixture! They turn out extra crispy and delicious.
- No need to use parchment paper, it allows the brussels to brown more on the bottoms!
More Brussels sprouts Recipes:
Are you obsessed with Brussels sprouts like me? You’ll love these other recipes:
- Skillet Creamy Lemon Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad with Mustard Basil Vinaigrette
Honey-Garlic Glazed Roasted Brussels Sprouts
These brussels sprouts are roasted with garlic until they're crispy and tender, andthen glazed with a mouthwatering honey and balsamic dressing. This simplevegetable side dish is quick to come together and complements any meal!
- 1.5 lb brussel sprouts
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt + more to taste
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Preheat the oven to 400 F.
Rinse and dry brussel sprouts, and split each sprout in half trimming off the stems. In a small bowl, stir the oil and garlic. In a large bowl, toss the brussels with oil and garlic mixture.
Arrange the Brussels Sprouts along the perimeter of the baking sheet, flat side down. Sprinkle with sea salt. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven.
While Brussels Sprouts are roasting, use the same small bowl of the garlic/oil, and whisk together the balsamic and honey.
Remove from the Brussels from the oven at the 15 minute mark. Gently brush each sprout with the honey/balsamic mixture and give it a quick toss. Transfer back to the oven.
Roast for another 10 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
Sprinkle with additional sea salt and serve hot!