Thank you McCormick for sponsoring this post. Check out McCormick’s NEW Organics Recipe Mixes for simple, flavorful back- to-school dinners the whole family can enjoy.
Marinated steak gets slow cooked with veggies to create the perfect weeknight meal the whole family will love! Super simple and jam packed with flavor!
Is everyone else back to school yet? We started last Monday and although I was sad to see summer come to an end, I absolutely love the fall and look forward to this time of year!! Although I must admit, fall and back to school for our family (I’m sure yours too) comes with it’s own set of chaos. Jam packed schedules, homework, earlier wake times, earlier bed times, and more laundry all while trying to feed the family wholesome dinners. Am I right?!?!
Just for my lovely readers I have a nice long list of super easy dinners coming your way! This first one includes the trusty slow cooker. Let’s face it, must of us are not home during dinner time hours and need dinner to magically appear when we get home. That kind of happened to me last Monday. It was pretty wonderful! These delicious fajitas were waiting for the whole family after we got home from our first day at school and softball practice.
Maybe some of you are used to the sizzling type of fajitas that all catch our attention at restaurants, but this version was just as good….If not better! I love the way the slow cooker tenderizes steak that literally melts in your mouth. I used McCormick’s New Organic Fajita Spice Mix to provide all the flavoring. This convenient new Fajita seasonings is certified organic, Non-GMO, and Gluten Free. I marinaded the steak in the seasoning with lime juice, worcestershire sauce, and a touch of honey. This yummy marinade combined perfectly with fire roasted tomatoes and green chilies for the most incredible sauce! Wrap up your fajitas in a tortilla (my kids’ favorite), or even create a fajita bowl and place over a bed of greens with all of your favorite fix ins.
McCormick makes it so easy for Back-to-School families. These fajitas took me all of about 10 minutes of prep time. Easier, more affordable, and tastier then any take-out or ready made meal! McCormick’s new line of organic recipe mixes delivers BIG on flavor, but also making it easy on us parents! Check out any of these other great family favorite flavors: Taco Seasoning Mix, Brown Gravy Mix, and Chili Seasoning Mix.
Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
- 1.5 lbs Top Sirloin Steak
- 1 packet McCormick's Organic Fajita Seasoning Mix
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 14 oz can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can diced green chilies
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium sized white onion sliced
- 2 bell peppers any color, sliced
- Begin by slicing the steak into small strips. Set aside.
- Whisk together Fajita Seasoning, lime juice, worcestershire sauce, honey, and oil. Pour marinade in a plastic bag and add steak. Marinade for up to 1 day, or as little as 10 minutes.
- Place tomatoes, garlic, and chilies at the bottom of your slow cooker, mix until combined. Set steak on top of the tomato mixture, and pour marinade on top. Finally top with onion and bell pepper strips.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Serve hot with tortillas, or as a salad and top with your favorite fix-ins (cheese, guacamole, cilantro, sour cream, etc.)
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.