Three perfect layers of deliciousness that make for a yummy breakfast, snack or dessert! You’ll love these Raspberry Crumb Bars that are full of nutrients and flavor. Paleo, Grain-Free, and Vegan, but no one will ever know!
These bars are just pure magic. Nourishing your your tummies and making them so incredibly happy with three moist layers of cookie-ish goodness, fresh raspberry chia jam, and a crumbly crust! I am pretty sure cookie-ish is not a word, but just go with it…..
As I mentioned, 3 layers of pure goodness. But let’s talk about a bit of nutrition too, shall we? These are refined sugar-free, making them a perfectly legit breakfast item. They are packed with Omega 3’s, and in case you’ve been sleeping under a rock for about 10 years, WE NEED MORE OMEGA 3’s!!! So I packed these with walnuts and chia seeds, two fabulous sources. Plus, they contain almond flour to give you a boost of protein and more healthy fats. So are you looking for a healthy dessert? check. Looking for a nutritious afternoon snack or pick me up? check, check. Looking for something easy to pack in your kids’ lunchbox? check, check, check. Looking for something that everyone will think tastes so delicious? check….BOOM. I’ve got you covered on all angles!
My kids dug into these quickly after school, and were quite excited that they could also have the same meal for breakfast. The hubs enjoyed his with a cup of coffee this morning, and I’ll be digging in for another this afternoon! These bars are super portable and make a nice addition to the lunchbox.
Just a few notes on consistency: These can be easily cut into squares and are not crunchy, but very soft. They are super moist and easy to chew, but don’t have a cookie consistency. They should be stored in the fridge to preserve shelf life, and so they are easier to pack!
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp raw honey* or maple syrup
- pinch of lemon zest
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Crumb topping:
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Begin by making your filling, this has a jam consistency. In a medium saucepan, combine raspberries, honey, lemon juice and lemon zest. Heat to a medium to medium high heat, until mixture begins to bubble. Let bubble for 1-2 minutes, then lower heat to a simmer. While simmering, be sure to mash the berries with a wooden spoon. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, remove from heat. Add in chia seeds. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a glass jar or dish, and place in the fridge to cool completely. This will take about 1 hour, but you can also make the filling and let sit overnight.
- Now make the crust: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 square pan with parchment paper and lightly grease. Combine all of the crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse until mixture is crumbly. Take mixture and carefully distribute over the parchment paper, pressing down firmly and evenly. Place inside the oven and bake for 13 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Leave the oven hot.
- While crust is cooling, make the crumb mixture. Combine all ingredients into your food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds, or until mixture is crumbly.
- Once crust is cooled, spread the jam filling over the crust. Complete by topping with the crumb mixture. Now bake for 15-18 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Once cooled, slice into squares.