Roasted Vegetable, Apple, and Sausage Medley combines the delicious tastes of fall into one big healthy bowl of goodness! Cook on a single sheet pan for a super easy dinner. Top with some fresh sage, and this hearty dish is complete!
I am in the middle of my happiest time of year: FALL!!! I love the season, the changing of the leaves, the cool air, but most importantly…….The food! This dish just screams fall. It makes a perfect, simple, weeknight dinner that is full of flavor without being difficult. What makes this dish packed with flavor, are the several different warm and earthy tastes from the butternut squash, sweet potatoes, roasted bell pepper, and the fresh sage. I love the addition from the sweetness and crispiness of the apples. The chicken sausage is a nice addition of lean protein to pack the dish with nutrients!
This easy dinner is one that you can feel good about eating. We’re combining several different vegetables, protein, without simple carbohydrates. A Paleo, Gluten-Free dish, that is delicious!
To throw this dish together, chop up your vegetables into 1 inch pieces and brush with olive oil (or avocado oil) and garlic. Toss the sausage on top. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes:
Combining everything on one pan makes for a simple clean-up and easy weeknight meal!
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, skinned, cut into 1 inch pieces
- l large butternut squash, skinned, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into quarters
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into quarters
- 1 medium apple, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb sausage links*
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Once vegetables and apple are prepped, throw into a large bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil and garlic. Toss to coat the vegetables, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Line a cookie sheet with foil, and spread out the vegetables into a single layer. Top with sausage.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until veggies are golden brown on the edges.
- Cut up sausage links and serve with fresh sage.