Blueberry and Mango Spinach Salad with Basil Vinaigrette is bursting with fruity and tangy flavor! You’ll love the layers of texture, and most delicious sweet basil vinaigrette to top it off! A simple salad that is perfect for a side dish or lunch salad. Paleo and Gluten-free, with a Vegan option.
I am salad obsessed. Always trying to come up with a new seasonal salad variation of my favorite food. With a batch of my Sweet Basil Vinaigrette sitting in the fridge, and some gorgeous blueberries discovered at the store, I knew these two would pair well!
On a hot summer day when you are looking for something simple, impressive, healthy, and delicious, this salad fits the bill! As a nutritionist, I am always trying to find sneaky ways to get in more greens and antioxidants. What better than some juicy blueberries and ripened mango? The addition of basil vinaigrette ties it all perfectly together, but also loads up this salad with even more nutrients!
Paired with my Real Spanish-Style Gazpacho, this is the ultimate summer meal!
How to make Blueberry Spinach Salad
This simple salad comes together so easily! Here is what you need:
- Spinach (or mixed greens of choice)
- Red onion
- Fresh basil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- Sea salt and pepper
Place the greens in a large bowl. Top with sliced mango, blueberries, sliced red onion, pecans, and cucumber. In a blender or food processor, blend together the fresh basil, vinegar, oil, honey, garlic, and sea salt or pepper.
Toss it altogether and serve!
- Feta cheese makes a fantastic addition adding in a bit of saltiness!
- Fruit: feel free to swap in raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries in place of blueberries. You can also swap in sliced peaches for mango!
- Protein: adding in some protein makes this a complete meal! Try my super easy Instant Pot Lemon Pepper Salmon or Grilled Rosemary Balsamic Chicken
- Spiralizing the veggies is also a great addition that makes a beautiful presentation. The red onions and cucumber work perfectly to spiralize!
Other Salads you will love!
- Peach Avocado and Blackberry Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Strawberry Avocado Salad
- Asian Slaw
- Superfood Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette
Blueberry and Mango Spinach Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
This impressive Blueberry and Mango Spinach Salad has the most amazing sweet basil vinaigrette to tie it altogether! So easy to make and perfect to serve to a crowd.
For the Salad
- 6 cups spinach or your favorite greens, rinsed
- 1 cup blueberries rinsed
- 1 mango skinned, de-seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 large red onion
- 6 inch cucumber
- 1 cup chopped pecans
For the dressing:
- 1 cup fresh loose basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3 tbsp honey*
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Layer your salad beginning with the spinach (or greens).
If using a spiralizer, spiralize cucumber and red onion, and place on top spinach.
Top with blueberries, mango, and pecans. Set aside.
Prepare dressing: Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor, and pulse until smooth.
Toss salad dressing with salad, extra dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
*Can also use 3 tbsp of coconut sugar or 2 tbsp brown sugar for a vegan option