Buffalo Chicken Salad is flavorful, so simple, and a healthy meal everyone will love! This low-carb and Keto friendly recipe makes a fantastic lunch or dinner. You can even meal prep on the weekends in less than 20 minutes to enjoy all week!
Easy and Healthy meal for the win!
My summer bucket list includes plenty of nights where I want to hang out by the neighborhood pool and pack dinner to take with us. This Buffalo Chicken Salad was developed out of my love for chicken salad and everything buffalo sauce. While we generally gravitate toward my Avocado Chicken Salad with Bacon or Mango Curry Chicken Salad, I needed a new flavor in the rotation to keep things interesting!
For those days that you don’t feel like cooking, Buffalo Chicken Salad is here to help. This flavorful meal contains only a handful of ingredients and couldn’t be any easier. You’ll love the tang from buffalo sauce, the creaminess of the ranch dressing, and crunch of the vegetables.
As a nutritionist, I try to create healthy meals that contain protein and fiber, but still maximize flavor! This Buffalo Chicken Salad is just that. Low-carb and Keto-friendly, but also perfectly kid-friendly with options to use a wrap or sandwich. A winner winner chicken dinner in my house!
How to make Buffalo Chicken Salad
As I mentioned, this recipe couldn’t be any easier! You only need about 20 minutes with a few shortcuts. Here is what we need to make this chicken salad:
- Chicken breast (can be pre-cooked chicken to make things super easy)
- Buffalo sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot Original)
- Ranch dressing (my favorite is Tessamae’s)
- Green onion
- Salt and Pepper
- Collard greens, tortillas, or your choice of wrap or bread
- Blue cheese crumbles or cilantro as an option for serving!
As a shortcut, you can use pre-cooked chicken (this can be canned or a rotisserie). You will need 3 cups. The other option is to cook about 1lb of chicken breast in the oven.
The most time consuming part of this entire recipe is chopping the veggies! That’s truly how simple we are going with this meal. Shred your chicken and toss with ranch, buffalo sauce, carrots, celery, and green onion.
Serving and Storing Tips for Meal Prep
- To serve: I love serving these inside a collard greens wrap or romaine lettuce wrap. This is the perfect way to enjoy a Keto, Paleo, or Whole30 variation. To use a collard greens wrap, remove the stem for easier folding. You can also serve with greens, like arugula, as a simple salad.
- For a kid-friendly variation: you can use a tortilla or sandwich bread. Top with optional cilantro for another element of flavor.
- To store: use an air tight container and store in the fridge for up to 1 week. I love this recipe for meal prep! I can keep my buffalo chicken in the fridge and enjoy it throughout the week. You can serve cold or at room temperature.
Other Buffalo Chicken Dinners you will love!
- Buffalo Chicken Potato Casserole with Bacon
- Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chowder
- Buffalo White Chicken Chili
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
Buffalo Chicken Salad
Just a handful of ingredients and less than 20 minutes is all you need to make this simple Buffalo Chicken Salad! You'll love this low-carb and Keto recipe that is perfect for meal prep or a hot day.
- 1 lb Chicken breast*
- 2/3 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup Diced celery
- 1/2 cup Diced carrots
- 3 tbsp Diced green onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Collard Greens, Romaine lettuce, or wrap of choice to serve
- Blue cheese crumbles (optional for serving)
- Fresh cilantro (optional for serving)
If using raw chicken breast, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Alternatively, you can use canned chicken or pre-cooked chicken. Place your chicken breast on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven to cook for 20-25 minutes. Let cool about 10 minutes, then shred with a knife and fork.
In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken with ranch dressing, buffalo hot sauce, celery, carrots, and green onion. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
Place chicken salad inside a collard green wrap or wrap of choice and serve with fresh cilantro and blue cheese if desired.
*You can create the ultimate shortcut by using pre-cooked chicken for this recipe. You will 3 cups of rotisserie chicken or canned chicken.