Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes turn out perfectly crispy and spiced every time! If you are looking for a delicious side dish that pairs well with everything, these potatoes will soon be on repeat. Only a handful of ingredients is all you need!
Allow me to introduce to you your new favorite way of making potatoes! These crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes come out perfectly every time, and my family has certainly been eating these A LOT lately.
Recently, I bought all new appliances for my kitchen. We invested in the Cafe GE appliance line, and let’s just say I am very happy with this purchase! I spent the first week trying out so many baking recipes with my new ovens (it baked the absolute BEST Chocolate Cake). I especially loved playing around with the convection setting.
Using the convection, I experimented with a new way to make crispy potatoes. You may have already made my Skillet Roasted Potatoes, and while I LOVE those potatoes, it’s often not enough for my family of 4. You can only fit so many potatoes in a skillet!
That is where these sheet pan oven potatoes come in. I can actually make a huge batch and they are insanely delicious! We are definitely potato connoisseurs at our house. Let’s just say that the entire family is obsessed with this new variation of potatoes!!! Crispy yet soft on the inside, and some spices to add a ton of flavor.
Let’s get started!
How to make Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes:
Here is what you need:
- Yukon gold potatoes
- smoked paprika
- sea salt
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- avocado oil or olive oil
Sounds easy enough right? It is, I promise!
- Begin my dicing the potatoes into small-ish pieces. I keep the skin on, more nutrients that way! But feel free to peel the potatoes if you prefer.
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices and salt. Stir in the oil. Pour on top of the potatoes and toss so the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Transfer to the oven and bake at 450 for right about 35 minutes. Yes, 450!!! Halfway through, give them a quick stir. I use my convection roast setting, but you can use a non-convection setting and still get great results (still do 450 degrees).
Look how perfect these are!!!
Serve these delicious potatoes hot out of the oven! And like I mentioned before, they pair well with everything. Here are just a few of the dinners we have enjoyed with these lately:
- Walnut Crusted Chicken Piccata
- Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Chimichurri Steak and Pepper Skillet
Reheating: You can easily store these in the fridge and enjoy throughout the week (breakfast anyone?) Either toss in a skillet for about 5 minutes, or just re-heat in the microwave for about 1 minute per serving.
Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 2.5 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. If you have a convection roast setting, use that. If not, regular 450 degrees works! Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
Dice up the potatoes into small pieces. You will want around 5-6 cups of diced potatoes. You can keep the skin on for added nutritional value. Place inside a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and sea salt. Now pour in the oil and mix. Place the mixture on top of the potatoes and toss!
Pour on the prepared pan with parchment paper. Spread out the potatoes so there is an even layer. Transfer to the oven and roast for 30-35 minutes (this will depend on your oven and the setting). At the 17 minute mark, give it a quick stir. Remove from oven when they are crispy and browned.