10 minutes and an Instant Pot is all you need to make this delicious, healthy, and super easy Berry Chia Porridge! This simple breakfast recipe is perfect for a busy weekday morning and meal prep. Paleo, Gluten-Free, Keto friendly, and Vegan!
It’s an easy breakfast recipe to the rescue! Breakfast ideas are some of my most requested recipes. And just a fun little tidbit of info, breakfast also happens to be my absolute favorite meal of the day!
This warm Instant Pot Chia Porridge recipe was developed from my love of Chia Pudding. As a nutritionist, I often have clients who need ideas on healthy breakfasts that don’t include eggs. This breakfast must meet my requirements for having plenty of fiber, healthy fats, protein, and antioxidants. I am happy to report that chia pudding is a breakfast option that satisfies these elements! You could even pair with an egg or two to get that extra boost of protein.
Here are the many reasons you will love chia porridge!
- Has an oatmeal like texture
- Warm and cozy
- So easy to make in the Instant Pot
- Loaded with fiber and Omega 3’s
- So versatile! You can enjoy warm or cold
How to make Instant Pot Berry Chia Porridge
As mentioned, this recipe couldn’t be easier. Such little prep time required and a hands off recipe you will love! These are the simple steps:
- Place full fat canned coconut milk, berries, and real maple syrup into the instant pot.
- Secure the lid of your IP, and select the manual function. Cook on high pressure for only 1 minute!
- Use a quick release. Once the steam is completely released, open the lid.
- Now stir in the chia seeds and a pinch of salt. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes or until the chia seeds expand.
- Stir in optional toppings and enjoy!
Serving and Storing
There are so many ways to serve chia porridge. You can enjoy hot or cold. My personal preference is hot or warm, but both of my kids like it cold. Top with additional berries, chopped nuts, or even nut butter. Stir in collagen for additional protein, or pair with an egg.
Chia porridge will store well in the fridge for up to 1 week! You can make ahead on the weekend, and enjoy throughout the week.
Other make ahead breakfasts you will love!
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Paleo and Keto Overnight Oats
- Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole
- Pumpkin Apple Chia Porridge
- Strawberry Coconut Breakfast Bake
Instant Pot Berry Chia Porridge
10 minutes and an Instant Pot is all you need to make this Berry Chia Porridge! This warm breakfast is nutrient dense and delicious.
- 2 14 oz Cans of full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup Raspberries (Fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup Blueberries (Fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp Real maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
In the instant pot, pour in both cans of coconut milk, berries, maple syrup and sea salt. Give the mixture a quick stir. Note that the coconut milk might be in hardened chunks (this is fine and will liquify when warmed up).
Secure the lid. Cook on high pressure for 1 minute. Use a quick release and let out all steam before removing the lid.
Stir in the chia seeds and let sit for about 15 minutes, or until chia seeds have absorbed the liquid and are puffy.
Serve warm with optional toppings. You can also enjoy chilled!