Mediterranean Chicken Pita Pizzas are a fun, simple, and healthy recipe that the whole family can make and enjoy.
This recipe kind of came on a whim one night with leftover deliciously grilled lemon chicken. I had some hummus to use up, as well as some pitas calling my name. Pita Pizzas were a huge hit! This is a fun one because my kids love hummus, and they love pizza. They also loved having their own personal sized pita pizza where they could choose their own toppings. Mine included: hummus, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, arugula, fresh mint, chicken, and fresh parsley. My kids pizzas looked a little different (like only hummus, chicken and cheese). Whatever. I still call it a success!
You can easily use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe as a super quick meal, or throw on some extra chicken breasts if you’re grilling any other time during the week. This also makes a fabulous lunch idea! Easily portable and does not need to be heated to enjoy.
Serve this along side my Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Lemon Pepper Vinaigrette!
Mediterranean Chicken Pita Pizzas
- For the Chicken:
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- t tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- For the Pizza:
- 12 small pitas
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped red tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Combine chicken with the marinade ingredients (lemon, zest, oil, garlic, and mustard). Marinade for at least 15 minutes or up to 8 hours. Grill or bake chicken until chicken is no longer pink and cooked all the way through.
- Prepare your pitas: Using hummus as the base, add feta, slices of chicken, and any other toppings listed above.
- Serve immediately.