Delicious apple bread topped with a dairy-free salted caramel sauce and pecans is sure to make this baked good your new favorite fall treat! Serve for breakfast, as a snack, or even dessert. Recipe is grain-free, gluten-free, and Paleo, but no one will ever know!
Boy do I have a treat for you guys!! And for me too. Because, guess what?!?! I completed another round of Whole30 yesterday. So yes, I baked this Paleo Caramel Apple Bread right away. That’s how I roll. I missed baking so much the past month, and couldn’t wait to get some more fall treats up for
me you! Fall is my favorite time of year to bake because of the yummy flavors and spices, but I also generally take a break in the summer. With cooler weather, warm drinks, it’s the best time of year!
I also wanted to make a nice baked good for my kids and husband to eat while I go away on a girl’s trip this weekend to Nashville. I know these types of things make me feel a little less guilty, ha!! My husband loves anything with apples, and will go absolutely nuts over this bread. It makes a perfect breakfast treat, an afternoon snack, and can even be packed in the lunchbox.
So let’s talk about Caramel Apple Bread. I made this grain-free with a combination of almond and coconut flour. I added in the goodies: chopped apples and spices. It’s so apple-y with additional apples in the form of applesauce. And then comes the topping.
So not optional!
This salted caramel is so perfect with apple bread. Think of a caramel apple, but even better. The dairy-free salted caramel is made with coconut milk and coconut sugar, all heated over medium heat. Once it cools down a bit, you can drizzle over the bread, and add chopped pecans.
The bread will hold well for a few days at room temperature. You can also slice and freeze, and de-frost at a later date. I love doing this so I can enjoy several weeks later!
Enjoy my friends!
Paleo Caramel Apple Bread
For the Bread:
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 2 apples a little over 1 cup finely diced apples
- ½ cup chopped pecans
For the Caramel Glaze:
- 2/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 4 tbsp coconut or palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Begin by heating your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond, coconut flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda.
In a smaller bowl, whisk eggs. Add honey, applesauce, and melted coconut oil. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well until dry dry pockets are completely gone. Now fold in apples and pecans. Using a spatula, place inside loaf pan. Batter will be thick, and you will need to use a spatula to spread evenly over the pan.
- Place in the oven, and bake for 35-40 minutes (depending on oven).
- While baking, make your caramel sauce. In a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk and sugar at medium heat. It will begin to boil and bubble. Continue to whisk frequently, careful not to let it burn. It will start to thicken and turn a darker caramel color. Cook for approximately 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once bread is ready, remove from oven and cool for at least 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Drizzle caramel sauce across the top, and top with chopped pecans. You may have extra caramel sauce leftover.