Quick and simple Vegan Queso Dip is snack I am absolutely addicted to. I can’t help it. The inner “nacho loving” child in me has found a healthier way to enjoy one of my all time favorite foods. This magic Vegan Queso Dip has zero cheese and is made in a blender. It’s wonderfully creamy, has so much “cheesy”, flavor and must be made immediately!
It’s simply magic. I can’t explain it! We live in a world where you can be anything, and in this case, where raw cashews can become cheese. It’s so good you guys, and even good for you!
If you have been around Wholesomelicious for awhile, you will know how much I love a dairy-free cheese. You may also know that I love a buffalo queso “cheese” sauce that I use in so many recipes! Buffalo White Chicken Chili and my Buffalo Potato Chicken Casserole are just a few of my favorites.
Reasons to love this Vegan Queso:
As a nutritionist, I love to take some of my favorite childhood “junk” food recipes and make them healthier. This queso does exactly that, and in delicious way! Here are a few of the reasons you will love this recipe:
- It’s so creamy with a nacho cheese texture. Similar to the processed stuff you enjoyed as a kid.
- This one is actually good for you! Vegan queso is loaded with nutrients from the cashews (an antioxdant with vitamin E and Zinc, packed with magnesium, and healthy fats to name a few). Plus, nutritional yeast: a great source of B vitamins and protein.
- Vegan queso comes together in just 5 minutes! A blender and a handful of ingredients is all you need.
How to make Vegan Queso in the blender
This dairy-free queso cannot be any easier! Let’s gather up these simple ingredients:
- Raw cashews
- Nutritional yeast
- Garlic cloves
- Buffalo hot sauce (like Frank’s red hot)
- Vegetable broth or water
To start, soak the cashews in hot water for at least 10 minutes and drain.
Next, we drain the cashews and place all of the ingredients in a high powered blender. A Vitamix is such a good tool for this! Blend until completely smooth. So easy!
Serving and storing
What can I serve with this? My favorite option is with chips, or chopped vegetables like celery and carrots. Or, you can use as a Vegan nacho cheese sauce.
To store, place inside an air tight container in the fridge. It will last for about a week!
Recipes with Vegan queso you will love!
As I mentioned above, I love using a dairy-free queso in so many recipes! Here are a few of my favorites that you might love:
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Burrito Bowls with Cauiflower Rice
- Chili Relleno Casserole
- “Cheesy” Chipotle Chicken Stufed Sweet Potatoes
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole with Cauliflower Rice
Quick Blender Vegan Queso
10 minutes and a blender is all you need for this creamy and delicious Vegan Queso! You will never believe this recipe has zero cheese. It's made with a cashew base and is addictingly tasty.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2/3 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup buffalo hot sauce*
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
Ensure that you soak the raw cashews in hot water before using. Pour enough hot water (about 2-3 cups) so that the cashews are completely covered with water.
Drain the cashews and add to the blender. Also add the water, hot sauce, nutritional yeast, and garlic.
Blend until completely smooth. This make take a few minutes, and you will most likely need to pause a few times and use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender.
*I use Frank’s Red Hot Original hot sauce