Flavorful chicken baked with veggies for a simple one pan dinner! These Chipotle Cilantro Chicken Fajitas are sure to please anyone and can be made in less than 30 minutes!
Easy Sheet Pan Dinners for the win!
You can never go wrong with a flavorful chipotle and cilantro tangy marinade. Toss it altogether with chicken, onion, and bell pepper for the easiest fajita method! Only 10 minutes of prep time, and you will love the way the sheet pan roasts these ingredients. Serve with some tortillas, a over a bed for cauliflower rice, a salad and definitely with the The Best Homemade Salsa You’ll Ever Eat for an easy dinner!
I can’t remember the last time I made a meal that was labor intensive and took me longer than 30 minutes. I’ve given them up! My New Year’s resolution is to make tasty meals that are super easy with little prep time.
This mama is busy, but vows to have healthy and fresh dinners almost every night. As a nutritionist, ensuring I have a combo of protein and veggies that can all cook together is totally WINNING!! I especially love these sheet pan dinners where the vegetables and meat roast altogether.
How to make Sheet Pan Chipotle Cilantro Fajitas:
Here are the ingredients you need:
- Avocado oil or olive oil
- Coconut aminos (you can also use soy sauce or GF Tamari)
- Juice of a lime
- Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Chicken breast
- Bell peppers: both red and green
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Begin by making the marinade: in a food processor or blender, blend together the oil, coconut aminos, lime, chipotle pepper, vinegar, garlic, cumin, sea salt and cilantro. Pulse until well combined.
- Pour half of the marinade on top of the chicken in a large bowl. While the chicken sits in the sauce, prep the veggies (slice the onion and peppers).
- Place the chicken on a sheet pan with the veggies. Brush the reserved marinade over the veggies. Transfer to the oven.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then bump up the temperature to 425 for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with toppings over rice or in a tortilla.
So many options here. I personally love over my Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice and then topped with avocado, fresh cilantro, and the my The Best Homemade Salsa you’ll ever eat!
You can also serve in a tortilla (my kids’ preference), or with Jicama tortillas (I found these at Trader Joe’s).
Tips and Adaptations:
- Marinade: when I say marinade, I want to make it very clear that you can honestly whip this up 5 minutes before it goes in the oven. You can double this sauce and use more for a later use (you may be licking the plate and wishing you had more). If you want to make ahead, go ahead and make earlier in the day and let it marinate for the day
- Whole30/Keto option: If you are unable to find Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce that are Whole30 and Keto compliant, you can replace the adobo sauce and peppers with 2 tsp of dried chipotle spice.
- Grill: you can absolutely grill these fajitas! I recommend using foil packs and grilling over medium heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Steak: Looking for a steak option? This Sheet Pan Steak Fajita Recipe is exactly what you are looking for.
Other Sheet Pan Meals you will love:
I am obsessed with sheet pan meals, too! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Sheet Pan Everything Bagel Salmon
- Sheen Pan Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken with Apples, Brussels and Bacon
Hungry for More? Subscribe to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! And be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Sheet Pan Chipotle Cilantro Chicken Fajitas
Less than 30 minutes is all you need to make these very flavorful and healthy Sheet Pan Chipotle Cilantro Chicken Fajitas! Paleo, Whole30, and Keto.
For the Marinade:
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp vinegar white or apple cider
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt + more to taste
For the Fajitas:
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts cut into chicken tenders
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 medium sized white onion cut into strips
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and set aside.
Make your marinade by adding all ingredients to a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth. Place your chicken tenders in a container with a lid or a large ziploc bag. Add about half of the marinade to the container or bag and shake to coat the chicken.
Place chicken on the sheet pan in an even layer. Add peppers and onions. Use some more marinade to brush the veggies. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
Place sheet pan inside the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Bump up the temperature to 425 and cook for another 5-10 minutes (depending on size of chicken). Remove from oven once chicken is cooked all the way through.
Serve immediately in tortillas, over rice or cauliflower rice, over greens, or sweet potatoes.
Looks delicious! Do you usually find your chipotle pepper at your local grocery store, or do you have to go somewhere specific? Thanks!
Hi Mindy! Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce can be found in almost every grocery store in the Mexican food section.
Found it. Thanks so much!
I love that your recipes have ingredients that I usually have on hand. So refreshing to be able to look at a recipe and say “I can make that tonight!” Thanks!