Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole is creamy, delicious, and so easy to make! This one pan, keto-friendly dish comes together by baking for just 30 minutes. Made with fresh spinach, this creamy casserole is both decadent and health. Perfect for meal prep or a busy weeknight!
It’s that time of year, where dinner time can sometimes leave you in a rut. I am always on the hunt for one pan meals that my family loves! This creamy and decadent Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole is just that.
Reasons you will love this dinner!
- This is almost as easy as a set it and forget it Instant Pot or Slow Cooker meal! You throw the ingredients into a baking dish, and bake for 30-35 minutes. That’s it!
- It tastes just like the creamy and cheesy spinach artichoke dip that we all love. But now we get it in dinner form with some added protein!
- Perfect for meal prep and one recipe you can easily store in the freezer for later use.
- It’s loaded with good veggies without feeling veggie heavy. As a nutritionist, I love to add in vegetables in a way that feels natural and not forced. The spinach and artichokes are such a fun addition to chicken!
How to make Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- Chicken breast
- Cream cheese
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic cloves
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozarella cheese
- Marinated artichokes
- Fresh spinach (or also frozen)
- Salt and pepper
Start by preparing a 9×13 casserole dish. Lightly grease with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 375 F. Place the chicken breast in the dish and sprinkley with some salt and pepper.
Using an electric better, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and garlic. Stir in some salt and pepper, then add most of the mozarella and parmesan (reserve some for the top). Fold in the artichokes and spinach, then spoon the mixture on top of the chicken. Top with extra mozarella and parmesan!
Transfer to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. You can also bump up the temperature to 425 for the last 5 minutes to get it extra golden and brown.
Serving and Storing
Serve: The best way to serve is over cauliflower rice, rice, or pasta.
Storing: store in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can make individual portions to enjoy for meal prep. Another option is to store in the freezer in a freezer friendly container for up to 3 months! To reheat from frozen, allow to that at room temperature for 4 hours. Then cover with foil and bake at 350 for 25 minutes, then remove foil and bake another 15 minutes (or until casserole is warmed through).
Other casserole dishes you will love!
Photo Credit: All photos in this post were take by Loren at Sweet Rustic Bakes.
Quick-Baked Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
30 minutes of cook time and one pan is all you need to make this deliciously creamy and cheesy Baked Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole! Keto-friendly, but loved by all.
- 2 lbs chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 4 oz cream cheese (slightly warmed up so its softened)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz marinated artichokes (drained)
- 3 cups fresh spinach (or 4 oz fresh spinach)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray or oil. Place the chicken breast inside the casserole dish.
In a large bowl, use an electric beater to mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir in most of the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, reserving a little to top the casserole.
Fold in the artichoke hearts and spinach, and mix until well combined. Spoon the mixture on top of the chicken breast. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Transfer the casserole to the oven.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly. Alternatively, bump up the temperature at the 25 minute mark to 425 to cook for another 5-10 minutes.
Serve hot over rice, cauliflower rice, or pasta.