Air Fryer Sausage and Veggies is a simple healthy weeknight dinner that comes together in less than 20 minutes! This low-carb and Keto-friendly dinner is loaded with flavor from ingredients like flavored sausage, Brussels sprouts, bell pepper, onion and seasonings. Crispy veggies and lightly browned sausage make the perfect combo.
It’s healthy, easy weeknight meal time! We are approaching that time of year when I am in full-on meal planning mode. I also want these meals to be thoughtless and completely simple! The air fryer has been a go-to for a one-pot meal for us. While most of my air-fryer recipes are sides or breakfast items, I love the addition of a main course option for a busy weeknight.
As a nutritionist, my favorite meals to make are the ones that are loaded with essential nutrients. I love to create recipes with a nutritious dose of protein, fiber, healthy fats, and antioxidants. This sausage and veggie recipe does just that! My favorite part, it only takes 20 minutes to have dinner on the table.
How to make Air Fryer Sausage and Veggies
As I mentioned above, this recipe comes together in less than 20 minutes! So easy and very hands off. Here is what you’ll need to make this dinner:
- Pre-cooked chicken sausage (I used Trader Joe’s but Aidells is also a great brand)
- Brussels sprouts
- Bell pepper
- Red onion
- Avocado oil or olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning
The most difficult part is chopping the veggies! You will also sliced up the sausage into 1/2 inch rounds. Toss and coat with oil, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Toss it all into your air fryer!
I did not even divide up into batches, it all fit snuggly and still worked perfectly. You will cook at 390 for 15 minutes, opening at the 10 minute mark to toss around.
You end up with nicely browned veggies and sausage!
Serving and Storing:
You can serve this plain as is! If you would like to add some extra bulk to this meal, serve over rice or cauliflower rice. My family loves this over rice.
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days, gently re-heat in the air fryer at 350 for about 5 minutes.
- Veggies: feel free to swap out the vegetables to your liking! Green beans and zucchini are great options with the same cook time. If using something like potatoes, they may require additional 3-5 minutes of cook time.
- Seasoning: have a favorite seasoning you love? Add it here in place of the Italian seasoning.
- Protein: I have also used fully cooked kielbasa and bison sausage in this recipe. It all turns out delicious!
- Sheet pan: No air fryer? No problem! Use the same ratio of ingredients, but spread out on a 9×13 baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes at 375 degrees, then bump up the temperature to 400 for the last 5 minutes or until browned.
Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer 6Qt
Taking the place of 6 separate cooking appliances. The Vortex has a 6-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Air fry, broil, roast, dehydrate, bake and reheat.
Other Air Fryer recipes you will love!
Hungry for More? Subscribe to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! And be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Air Fryer Sausage and Veggies
Just a handful of ingredients and 20 minutes is all you need for this simple and delicious Air Fryer Sausage and Veggie recipe! Healthy and easy.
- 8 Pre-cooked chicken sausage links
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups quartered brussels sprouts
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
Slice the sausage into 1/2 inch pieces
In a large bowl, combine the sausage and chopped vegetables. Toss the oil (you may need another 1-2 tsp) until veggies and sausage are well coated. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Toss again to combine.
Pour the veggie/sausage mixture into your air fryer basket. Cook at 390 for 10 minutes, then remove and toss around the veggies. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Brooke Burtnett says
Per usual, your recipes knock it out of the park and they are so easy! I just got my air fryer delivered today and this was the very first recipe I used in it. It’s delicious! I didn’t have brussel sprouts so I substituted broccoli.