This amazing 5-minute Dill Pickle Salad Dressing comes together with just a handful of ingredients! A creamy-based dressing without any dairy is a pickle lover’s dream. Healthy and easy to make as a salad dressing or dip.
If you are a dill pickle lover like me, you will absolutely obsess over this homemade dill pickle salad dressing! It’s dreamy and creamy, and the best part is that it only takes 5 minutes to make. We use just a handful of ingredients: pickle juice, avocado, oil, garlic powder, and fresh dill. A blender or food processor is all you need!
It’s that time of year when I want all of the fresh salad recipes. Salads and creative dressings are my favorite recipes to develop! As a nutritionist, I love to keep a stash of homemade salad dressings in my fridge so that we never get bored eating salad every day.
I have been recently craving a dill pickle dip and thought I would try a few variations. While recipe testing this dill pickle dip, it turned into an opportunity for a dill pickle salad with a creamy dill pickle dressing. Everything about this scenario made me so happy!
How to make Creamy Dill Pickle Dressing
This recipe comes together in just 5 minutes (or even less). Nothing to chop! Here are the ingredients you need:
- Dill pickle juice: most pickle lovers will have a preference of their favorite brand. I love Trader Joe’s cornichons or Claussen pickles. Feel free to use your personal favorite!
- Avocado: the avocado is going to allow for a creamy dressing that also packs in fiber and healthy fats! It maintains a vibrant green color as well.
- Garlic powder: you can also use minced garlic in place of garlic powder
- Fresh dill: because you are a pickle lover, you’ll want the extra dill flavor!
- Oil: I use avocado oil as my preferred salad oil. Olive oil is also a great option here.
- Chopped pickles: can add a bit of texture here, but this is optional.
Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth. That’s it!
Making a Dill Pickle dip!
You can easily transform this recipe into a dip! Simply add in an extra avocado. If you need to thin it out more, add in pickle juice by the tablespoon.
Serve with potato chips or cut vegetables.
How long can you store dill pickle dressing?
Because of the avocado, this dressing will only hold up for 3-5 days in the fridge.
Creamy Homemade Dill Pickle Salad Dressing
Less than 5 minutes is all you need to make this easy and delicious creamy dill pickle salad dressing! Just a handful of real food ingredients. You can also use as a dip!
- 1.5 cups dill pickle juice
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or olive oil
In a food processor or blender, combine the pickle juice, avocado, fresh dill, and garlic powder. While motor is running, add in the oil. Blend until completely smooth!
To use as a dip, add in an additional avocado.