Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts have a crispy coating and are dipped into a delicious spicy ranch dressing! You’ll love this low carb and healthy appetizer that comes together easily in less than 20 minutes. You can also use the oven for ultimate ease! Paleo, Whole30, and Keto friendly.
Air Fryer appetizer recipes are really making me happy in life right now. Something about enjoying some of my favorite fried foods but with a healthy twist has me looking forward to the weekends!
As a nutritionist, I love taking “junk” foods and turning them into healthier versions. These Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts are no exception. They are crispy on the outside with a delicious crumb mixture, and then dipped into a zesty and spicy ranch dressing.
Lately my family has been eating the heck out of my Buffalo Cauliflower Tots and Asian Chili Garlic Wings. After enjoying some fried artichoke hearts at a recent visit to our favorite Italian restaurant, I immediately knew I wanted to try my hand at making a variation of artichoke hearts in the Air Fryer.
After a few different variations, I am super thrilled with the way these turned out! You won’t believe how easy these are to make at home in an air fryer or oven.
How to make Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts
Start off by gathering up these simple ingredients:
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- Water or milk (can use dairy-free)
- Blanched almond flour
- Chopped pecans (or choose a different nut like walnuts or almonds)
- Italian seasoning
- Sea Salt
- Drain the artichoke hearts and place in a bowl.
- Mix together almond flour, pecans, Italian seasoning, and sea salt in another bowl. Whisk together eggs with milk in a separate 3rd bowl.
- Using a toothpick or fork, dip the artichoke hearts in the egg bowl, then coat with the nut/flour mixture. Place inside the Air Fryer Basket. While doing this, preheat the Air Fryer to 390 degrees.
- Cook at 390 for 8 minutes in the Air Fryer. Flip the artichoke hearts and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until crispy.
- Serve immediately with your favorite store bought ranch, or try my spicy ranch!
Make the Spicy Ranch!
This is an optional step, but one that I think you’ll love. You can always choose your favorite ranch dressing or other store bought dressing.
Place all of the ingredients below in a food processor or blender:
- 1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt (you can use only Paleo/Whole30 mayo in place of the sour cream if preferred)
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (1 pepper 1 tsp sauce)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp of each of the following: dried dill, garlic powder, and onion powder
- Pinch of sea salt
Making Artichoke Hearts in the Oven
Follow the same instructions above for preparation. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place artichoke hearts on the baking sheet. Cook for 25 minutes flipping halfway through.
Can you store these and enjoy later?
I would not recommend storing in the fridge and enjoying these at a later date. BUT, you can freeze any leftovers and place in the air fryer (frozen) at 390 for 6 minutes before serving.
Other Air Fryer Recipes you will love:
Hungry for More? Subscribe to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! And be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Crispy Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts
These Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts have a crispy and crunchy coating and are dipped into a spicy ranch! Such a fun appetizer and one that comes together in less than 20 minutes.
- 1 15 oz jar of marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp milk (can use dairy-free)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup finely diced pecans
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing* (for dipping)
Drain the artichoke hearts and gently pat dry with a paper towel. Transfer to a bowl or plate.
In a bowl, whisk together the egg with milk.
In a seperate shallow dish, mix together the almond flour, pecans, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and sea salt.
Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F. Using a fork or a toothpick, dip in the egg mixture, then the flour/nut mixture. Place the artichoke hearts in a single layer in the air fryer.
Cook for 7 minutes at 390, then flip and cook another 4-5 minutes.
Serve hot with ranch dressing! See above blog post for zesty ranch recipe.
*Use your favorite store bought ranch, or try my recipe in the blog post for zesty ranch.
Leave a comment and rate this recipe