This simple Pumpkin Apple Breakfast Bake has all the yummy flavors of fall in one easy dish! Packed full of nutrients, healthy fats, and the perfect balanced nutritious breakfast!
It’s the beginning of September, and I’ve decided to commit myself to pumpkin. Normally I wait a few more weeks, and enjoy all the apple recipes. For the compromise, I combined apples into this delicious dish! This breakfast bake combines pumpkin puree with fresh apples, spices, full fat coconut milk, eggs, a banana for sweetness, and pecans. YOU GUYS. So. Flippin. Delicious.
And can I just tell you how hard this was to photograph? Not because of the dish itself (although it’s a bit harder than others), but because I couldn’t stop eating it. As I continued to photograph, the dish slowly disappeared.
One bite here, one more bite there…..
I mean, do you blame me? I’m on day 16 of another round of Whole30, and actually was wanting something different for breakfast. Normally, I’m totally good with my eggs and avocados. But all this fall hoopla had me wanting something different.
Like pumpkin and fall flavor different.
And I’m totally obsessed. Other benefits: my house has seriously smelled amazing, it was super easy to make, my kids love it for breakfast, and it’s packed with nutrients! So although this dish is a great alternative to eggs, it still actually contains eggs. The addition of pumpkin, apples, cinnamon, and pecans all boost the nutrient value with healthy fats and protein. Great to make us feel fuller longer.
This dish is a perfect addition to your fall breakfast routine. I love this time of year when I make pumpkin and apple dishes to remind me of the coziness of fall. I enjoy the 8-9 month break from pumpkin so that I appreciate it even more these few short months out of the year.
Want to see just how easy this recipe is? Watch this video:
Pumpkin Apple Breakfast Bake
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 large ripe banana mashed
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large apple peeled and diced (I use pink lady)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 square pan with coconut oil or spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, banana, eggs, coconut milk, pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and salt. Using a hand mixer or immersion blender, beat the ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle remaining cinnamon on the diced apple and coat the apples. Now mix into the wet ingredients. Pour into square pan.
- Sprinkle the pecans along the top of the dish, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (depending on oven). You will want the top to be mostly firm and golden on the top.
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving. You can also chill and store in the fridge for up to a week. Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature!