These Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel energy bites are the perfect blend of salty and sweet. Made with good-for-you ingredients like rolled oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips, bites of pretzels, coconut, chia seeds, and more! No oven is required. Just mix the simple ingredients in a large bowl for a quick, 10-minute nutritious snack you will want on repeat.
Energy bites or balls are a huge favorite in my house, and for good reason! Everyone in the family absolutely devours my Toasted Coconut Latte Bites or Maple Apple Pecan Bites. I love energy balls and bites because they are so easy to make, are perfectly portable, and pack in nutrients.
These peanut butter chocolate pretzel bites are no exception! As a nutritionist, I love to create homemade healthy snacks that my kids can enjoy after school or pack in their lunch. These particular bites have elements of healthy fats and fiber, but also some protein. Best part? They are made with simple ingredients and can be easily made in about 10 minutes!
How to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Bites
Here are the ingredients we need to make these bites!
- Rolled oats
- Mini chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Shredded coconut
- Vanilla extract
Prior to tossing the ingredients into a large bowl, be sure that you chop up the pretzels into smaller pieces. That’s it! Such a simple recipe, and you will get the consistency similar to a thick cookie dough. At this point, refrigerate the mixture so that it sticks together better. You will want to refrigerate for about an hour. You can also freeze for 30 minutes if you are impatient!
Remove from the fridge, then roll into mini balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. I refrigerate for an hour before serving, but it’s also not necessary!
I store my energy bites in the fridge, but they can also be left at room temperature.
Customize or Adapt your Energy Bites!
Here are some easy swaps you can make:
- Gluten-Free variation: use gluten-free rolled oats like Bob‘s Red Mill. You can also get Gluten-free pretzels from the brand Gratify or Snyder’s.
- Nut butter: any nut butter will work in these! Almond butter, cashew butter, or whatever you have on hand. If you have a nut allergy, even Sunbutter will work!
- Protein: if you want to add some protein to these energy bites, go for it. I highly recommend an unflavored collagen, but you can also do a mild vanilla flavored protein powder.
- Honey: can be swapped with maple syrup for a Vegan friendly variation.
Other Snack recipes you will love!
- Chocolate Cherry Granola Bars
- Dark Chocolate Covered Almond Stuffed Dates
- Healthy Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Energy Bites
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Energy Bites come together with simple, real food ingredients, and one bowl! No baking required. This wholesome and healthy snack is loaded with healthy fats and fiber, too.
- 1.5 cups Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Chopped pretzel pieces
- 1/2 cup Creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 2 tbsp Flax seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, pretzels, chocolate chips, peanut butter, honey, chia seeds, flax seeds, and vanilla extract. Mix well until a thick "dough" forms. Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt! Transfer to the refrigerator to let it chill for about an hour.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the oat mixture into balls using a cookie scoop or your hands. Make sure they are nice and firm.
Store the energy bites in the fridge in an air tight container.