Taco Tuesday is everyone’s favorite night of the week! Whether you prefer a meaty taco, tacos with seafood, shredded chicken, or even vegetarian style, you are sure to find some inspiration for your next taco bowl. These 15 Taco Bowl recipes are sure to impress!
Whenever I want my entire family cheering for dinner time, I feed them tacos. Taco recipes in this house are always a huge hit! My personal favorite way to enjoy them is a taco bowl style with a buffet of fun ingredients. As a nutritionist, I know that layering bowls with protein, veggies, fiber, and healthy fats is one way to pack in macronutrients! A healthy and delicious dinner that everyone loves.
Elements to a Taco Bowl
When looking at building a taco bowl, there are a few key elements to consider.
- Protein: In this case, I have rounded up several different options here that include beef, chicken, turkey, seafood, and vegetarian.
- Grain or Green: For the base of a taco bowl, you need a solid foundation of a grain or a green. I sometimes love the combo of both! My Mexican Slaw recipe provides the perfect base as a green and is loaded with fiber! The “grain” can also be grain-free like my Spanish Cauliflower Rice or Cilantro Lime Cauliflower rice.
- Salsa: An absolute must! This is often times what separates a mediocre bowl to an amazing taco Bowl. My recipe for the Best Salsa Ever gets hundreds of 5 star reviews for a reason!
- Sauce: In addition to salsa, I love to add another flavorful sauce recipe. My Creamy Avocado Dressing is another idea to boost up the flavor in your taco bowl.
- Toppings and garnishes: you can’t eat a taco bowl without the diced onion and tomato, chopped fresh cilantro, or even crushed tortilla chips for added crunch. It’s just not the same!
Taco Bowl Recipes!
Each of these taco bowl recipes include a flavorful protein. Some that are simple to make in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker! Use these recipes as a protein base, and build with some additional elements like a green or grain, salsa, sauce, and extra toppings and garnishes!
Leave a comment and rate this recipe