This 2 Week Healthy Meal Plan is just what you need for a healthy kick start! Complete with recipes for healhy dinners, and a printable grocery list. Let’s get planning!
Alright friends, this post is for you! The one who wants to start meal planning, meal prepping, and being more organized to live our healthy lives to the fullest. Many of us may find ourselves having a difficult time carving out the time to plan ahead. As a Nutritionist, I see this all the time with many of my clients.
Success starts with a plan! I have plenty of options for Whole30 meal plans, or Keto roundups, but this option is all around healthy meals using real ingredients that are family friendly. I’ve created this document so you won’t have to think about what to make for dinner.
Top 5 reasons to meal plan
Here is what I always share with others: your life can be improved by just setting aside the time to game plan! These are my top 5 reasons to meal plan:
- It saves you money! It can cost you on average 5 times the amount of money to enjoy the same meal at a restaurant. Yes, you create more of a mess in the kitchen, but the savings are so worth it.
- You are more likely to achieve your health goals! Meals cooked at home are going to include better for you ingredients like more fruits and vegetables and less sodium. For anyone who needs to lower blood pressure, swapping a home-cooked meal with a restaurant meal is likely to make a huge difference.
- More variety! By cooking something different each night of the week (or at least 5 nights of the week), you can vary up your nutrients. In my meal plans I consistently switch up the veggies, and the proteins. This is particularly beneficial for our gut microbiome! This allows our gut microbes to be more diverse and ultimately leads us to a healthier body.
- Less waste. By cooking meals at home, we can re-purpose remaining ingredients, or save leftovers for future meals. We also are less likely to buy things we don’t need when we meal plan ahead and stay organized.
- Reduces stress. I can’t tell you how often I come home after a full day of work and am so grateful I already know what’s for dinner! It’s one less decision I have to make after a busy day, and completely lowers my stress load.
So let’s get started! Here are the 10 dinners included in this meal plan. You can download the full PDF with grocery list right below.
Optional Side dishes
Here are a few side dishes I love to add with some of these recipes:
Heathy Breakfasts to Meal Prep
And finally, if looking for some healthy breakfasts to meal prep, I have some great options for you! You can make these ahead on the weekend and enjoy throughout the week.