Grab your spoons and let’s enjoy 20 Healthy Instant Pot Soups! We’ve reached that time of year where we all crave something warm and cozy! Nothing beats a healthy and hearty bowl of soup on a cold night. Soups are a fantastic way to load up on veggies, and feed your body nutrient dense foods. It’s even better when the soup process is hands off and so simple to make in the Instant Pot.
Can I get a big cheer and high five for soup season?!?! It’s truly the best season! If I am being totally honest, I don’t even wait until cold months to enjoy soup. I find myself loving it year round. But in honor of the beginning of fall, I am rounding up all of my favorite soups!
While I have plenty of soup recipes on the blog, we are focusing on making soup in the easiest way possible. With the Instant Pot!
What makes soup healthy?
As a nutritionist, soup is one of my favorite recommendations to clients. We should try to load up on soup as much possible! Here are the many benefits of adding soup to your diet:
- You can meet your daily quota on vegetables! Whether it be frozen vegetables or fresh, most soups are veggie loaded and allow you to get in a few servings with just one bowl of soup. Vegetables are a fantastic source of fiber which helps to support our gut health and digestive system.
- Soups keep you hydrated. During cold months, it’s very common for people to not drink enough water. Since most soups are mostly liquid, they count toward keeping you hydrated when you forget to drink as much water. Bonus, all of that liquid makes you feel full longer and keeps you satisfied!
- Boost your immune system! Most soups contain several vitamins and minerals through the vegetables. These vegetables, in addition to spices and herbs, are also fantastic antioxidants that fight off illness and disease.
Tips for Storing, Re-heating, and Freezing Soups
- To store: Once the soup cools to room temperature, store in an air tight container in the fridge for about 5 days. For vegetable soups, they can last for 7-8 days.
- To re-heat: Pour the leftover soup in a large pot (or large enough to fit your leftovers), and re-heat over medium low heat. Some soups will need additional broth or water to thin it out.
- To freeze: Store in a freeze friendly, air tight container. You can also store in individual soup containers! Frozen soup will hold up well in the fridge for 3 months. To re-heat from frozen, let sit overnight in the fridge, or let sit at room temperature for 4-5 hours. Then re-heat on the stovetop.
Now let’s dive into 20 Soups to choose from!
Chicken and Turkey Soups:
Thai Chicken Zoodle Soup
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla-less Soup
Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chowder
Instant Pot Ground Turkey Taco Soup
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Soup with Bacon
Beef and Pork Soups:
Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana (Paleo, Whole30)
Creamy Chipotle Sausage and Pepper Soup
Easy Slow Cooker Taco Soup
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Stew
Instant Pot Sausage Pizza Soup
Instant Pot Keto Chili
Slow Cooker (or Instant Pot) Sausage, Kale, and Sweet Potato Soup
Creamy Carrot and Ginger Soup (Dairy-Free)
Instant Pot Borscht Soup
Instant Pot Broccoli Potato Soup
Coconut Curry Red Lentil Soup
Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Pumpkin Butternut Squash Bisque
Nutty Sweet Potato Soup
Hungry for More? Subscribe to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! And be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
20 Healthy Instant Pot Soups: Stuffed Pepper Soup
This Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is here for you when you're craving something cozy, comforting, and healthy too! You'll love the Italian flavored soup that tastes just like a stuffed pepper in soup form. Plus, enjoy 20 healthy Instant Pot Soup Recipes!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1.5 lbs ground beef*
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 2 green bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 14 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 cups beef broth**
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups cauliflower rice***
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan (optional)
- fresh basil (for garnish)
Select saute on the Instant Pot. Coat the bottom of the pot with oil, then add the onion and garlic. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes, then add the ground beef. Continue to cook until the beef is no longer pink, about 3 to 4 minutes. Select cancel.
Top the beef mixture with salt and Italian seasoning. Now add the bell peppers, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, and red wine vinegar.
Secure the lid with the steam vent in the sealed position. Select manual or pressure, and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
Use a quick release and remove the lid. Stir in the cauliflower rice. Serve hot and garnish with parmesan cheese (if using) and fresh basil.
*Can also use ground turkey or sausage
**Can use chicken broth in place of beef
***I use frozen cauliflower rice. If making your own, you will need to chop a small head of cauliflower into small florets and pulse in a food processor.
Leave a comment and rate this recipe